Alexander Yulikov* 1943
Alexander Yulikov is a Russian painter and graphic artist, book artist, master of geometric abstraction. In 1954-61 he studied at the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, then at the Moscow State Art University, in 1966-69 – at the Moscow Polygraphic Institute. Since 1969 he was a member of the City Committee of Graphics. He worked as a graphic designer for the publishing houses “Art”, “Aurora”. He was awarded the 1st degree diploma at the All-Union competition “Best publications” (1977) and the 2nd degree diploma at the 1978 competition. Since the 1970s, he was known in Moscow as “the only Russian minimalist”. He was invited to the so-called “Bulldozer” exhibition (1974), but by coincidence he did not manage to take part in it. In 1975 he exhibited at VDNKh in the “Beekeeping” pavilion and the “House of Culture” pavilion. Participated in the exhibition “Other Art” (1990-1991). The artist’s personal exhibitions were held at the NCCA (2008), MMOMA (2017). In 2020, Alexander Yulikov received a grant from the Barnett and Annalee Newman Foundation (head of the Foundation, Frank Stella).